Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I agree with other reviews that I have read that the author does a spectacular job of using the autistic boy as the narrator. While I am not familiar enough with autism to know whether it is possible for an autistic boy to have the kinds of insights that were shared about why he does certain behaviors, it was very enlightening, and the book was very enjoyable. One of my best friends works with autistic high schoolers, and I once counseled a high school boy with Asberger's Syndrome (a mild form of autism), so I could certainly identify with much that was shared. I think it was brilliant to use the narrative of an autistic boy to examine such emotionally charged subjects as affairs and divorce. The end is a bit abrupt, but given the narrator, that is not all that surprising. I really enjoyed it and I would recommend it.



1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you! The more the merrier. I started this blog in hopes of moral support for the insanity of this challenge. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete