Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Clarification

So, I thought I should clarify... I don't actually expect to read a book a day. However, there shouldn't be a day that goes by that I am not reading a book (or 2 or 3 as I juggle a Kindle, a "real" book, and my phone apps). And, if I have any hope of reading 1001 books before I die (while simultaneously reading books that are NOT on the list that are of interest to me), I better be reading every day!

I still need to do further research as to how far along I am on the 1001 list, but I am currently reading two selections off of the 2006 version (don't know if they are also on the updated versions): A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving and 1984 by George Orwell. I am reading them both for a summer reading challenge that I am participating in and enjoying them both so far. A Prayer for Owen Meany was on the BBC list of must reads (one of the categories for my summer reading challenge), and it is a favorite of my dad's that I had not yet read, so I put it on the list. 1984, I somehow missed as required school reading (I blame my mid-high school move which also required me to study Romeo and Juliet twice!), so it is in the classic novel category for my summer reading challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment