Monday, August 1, 2011

Wow, I'm Blogging. Who Knew?

So, I don't even have a Facebook account, and yet I have suddenly become compelled to become a blogger. Why?

BOOKS.

I have been a member of Goodreads.com for several years now, but only recently become more active (thanks in part to a loss of employment). In investigating new groups and such, I ran across a couple of challenges like - reading a mystery set in each of the 50 states of the US. Interesting. And, it's partner challenge - reading a mystery set in each of 50 countries of the UN, arbitrarily picked by the challenge leader (as there are more than 50 countries in the United Nations). I love mysteries (have since getting caught under the covers with a flashlight and a Nancy Drew book). So these are right up my alley!

But, while these challenges were intriguing, they did not inspire a blog.

Today, I found the ultimate challenge - 1001 Books to Read before you Die. And, of course there are already 3 versions of the list (2006, 2008 and 2010) none of which are the same.

So, if I am going to even pretend to attempt this feat, I need to share my trials, tribulations, and triumphs with whoever will listen (or read, as the case may be).

I have not yet even determined how many I have already read, having but scanned the 2006 list, but this should be an adventure.

So many questions. Which list to work on? Try to do all 3? How to select books from such an overwhelming cornucopia? How to read as much as possible while still running a family of 5?

These are the things that I hope to share, as well as my thoughts on the books that I have read and am reading.

I hope you come along for the ride, and bear with me if there are lags in posts.

If I am going to read at all, I must go to sleep now, and tackle this more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment