Wednesday, August 24, 2011

School starts... more time or less?

I am still trying to determine whether school starting last Thursday allows for more time to read, or less. On the one hand, I am definitely up earlier... On the other hand, there is more to do and most of it has associated time frames.

On the up side, one of my Goodreads group has decided to read a 1001 book as a group read. Not because it is on the list, but because it is a mystery. So, while I am still working on Crime and Punishment (currently at 5% and liking it so far), I will be reading "the curious incident of the dog in the night-time" by mark haddon.

It is apparently told from the point of view of an autistic boy who is accused of killing a neighbor's dog. From the reviews I have read, the POV is done very well, giving a glimpse into the autistic world. The author worked with autistic children, so has some insight into their world.

I am looking forward to it, and will keep you posted!

3 comments: