Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm on a roll in 2013! Farewell, My Lovely

Farewell, My Lovely (Philip Marlowe, #2)Farewell, My Lovely by Raymond Chandler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Just started this one, but had to note this quote, "...the voice dragged itself out of her throat like a sick man getting out of bed." Who wouldn't enjoy reading a book with such specific and magnificent description! :) Had to note another doozie of a quote, "She's a charming middle-aged lady with a face like a bucket of mud and if she has washed her hair since Coolidge's second term, I'll eat my spare tire, rim and all."
More when I finish...

I love Philip Marlowe! He is just the right mix of hard-edge, softie and insane. Another great one by Raymond Chandler (see quotes above). I love the writing style, I love the description. The story was great with lots of twists and turns, some obligatory red herrings and just all around good fun for the mystery reader! Highly recommended!

View all my reviews I read The Big Sleep first as Farewell, My Lovely is the second Philip Marlowe book, and I am a little bit nutty about things like that. My local library(ies) seemed to be missing their individual copies of both books, so I have the pleasure of reading other short stories by Raymond Chandler and The Big Window from the omnibus that I was able to check out next! Then, onto Wise Blood as my next List conquest!

No comments:

Post a Comment