Saturday, December 21, 2013

Wuthering Heights

Wuthering HeightsWuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was very different than my preconceived notion of it. I am not sure what my preconception was based on, but while it was a love story, of sorts, it is more like what I would imagine would come out if Stephen King decided to write a love story. Everyone in the story is miserable because they are in love with someone and not honest about it and have to watch life play out in a different direction. The story is much more twisted and dark than I had expected, and I liked it. It was like watching a train wreck. I had to keep reading to find out what horrid turn would occur next. I found it fascinating and imminently readable. For those who are intimidated by or enamored of the classics, I would recommend this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment